Today’s busy schedules demand kitchen equipment which can make our lives easier. One of the most useful kitchen appliances is the freestanding dishwasher. Buying a dishwashing machine makes it really convenient to wash loads of dishes in seconds. It also helps in saving your time, energy and money.
All the best dishwasher brands are eco-friendly, hence, letting you get the chores done quickly. The dishes cleaned in a dishwasher are much appropriate than the ones which are hand washed. When buying a dishwasher, you should know how to operate it safely so as to avoid any accidents from occurring.
Either you are using an old or a modern dishwasher, all these appliances come with numerous safety features that help in lowering the risk of overheating of the electrical modules. These safety features also aid in protecting the users from experiencing any mechanical failure in the dishwashing machine.
Some of the available safety features in a good quality dishwasher are:
- Fewer gaps and tight seals in order to trim down the airflow that restricts the risk of fire from spreading due to overheating of the dishwasher parts
- Cut off feature that shuts off the power instantly so to avoid overheating
- Inner and outer doors which contain metal shielding involve fire-resistant feature so to inhibit the dispersing of flames
Besides these safety features, there are various tips that you need to know so to get rid of the risk of injury while operating a dishwashing machine. Below, our experts will provide some of the essential dishwasher safety tips so you can prevent mishaps when using it:
Essential Dishwasher Safety Tips to Follow
- While loading glassware inside the dishwashing machine, place the glass utensils gently to prevent breakage or other damages. All glassware should be placed inside the rack so they don’t clatter with each other once the wash cycle starts
- Always prevent overloading dishes. Putting dishes beyond the recommended capacity in a dishwasher can result in improperly cleaned dishes and chipping of the plates. Split the dishes into sets and then place them appropriately inside the rack
- Make sure to put forks and knives facing downwards inside the basket containing utensils. While the spoons should be positioned above so to provide more space for the other utensils in the basket. This will help in preventing you from piercing your skin while unloading utensils once cleaned
- Let your dishwasher cool down after hours of use. Keep in mind that extended use of the dishwasher can allow the components to overheat and emit powerful steam that can even burn your skin. Before taking out the dishes, ensure that the rack is chill to avoid skin burn
- Once loading or unloading the utensils is done, make sure to close the door of the dishwashing machine. This will help in preventing falling or slipping accidents
- When the dishwasher isn’t in use, make sure to apply Child Safety Lock so to keep the children away from appliances
- Always store dishwashing items such as detergent at a place away from children. This will aid in preventing accidental poisoning
- Try to fill the dispenser cup with detergent only when you are going to use the dishwasher. In this way, you’ll be able to prevent children from getting in contact with the chemicals
- Always stay away from mixing dishwashing detergent with other cleaning chemicals. This is so because mixing detergent with the other chemicals can produce irritating fumes which can be proved dangerous when breathed in
- Make sure to put detergents and other cleaning chemicals in their special containers having their labels intact. This will let the children won’t confuse the edibles with the chemicals
- Avoid washing non-sticky utensils in the dishwashing machine. This is so because the cleaning process can wear down the non-stick coating which can chip off over time. Unless it isn’t mentioned that the specific non-stick pan and pot is dishwasher safe, always avoid placing it inside the rack
- Likewise, all dishes, pans and pots aren’t dishwasher safe. A dishwasher always uses high temperature to clean and disinfect the dishes. For instance, plastic items may get damaged or become hard when constantly washed in a dishwasher for some months. We always advise to choose the hand wash for such items instead
A freestanding dishwasher is the most essential appliance of any kitchen. It helps in thoroughly cleaning even your dirtiest dishes. Despite the fact of how much assistance it provides, it contains some risks which shouldn’t be overlooked. Before buying the best dishwashing machine, you should know how to operate it safely and efficiently so to prevent injuries or damages in the future.
By following the above-mentioned safety tips, we ensure that you and your family will be protected from undesirable incidents while using the dishwasher. Either you are using a dishwasher for home or commercial purposes, you should always take into account its safety measures to prevent accidents.
For more details and queries, you can call us on 0340-1111-444.