When it comes to cleaning the stainless steel hob, cleaning the waste on a priority basis is the best approach. But in real life, it’s really challenging at times to clean the stove instantly particularly when you are a professional.
Usually, a kitchen gas stove gets too grimy every so often. This can be due to any reason, for instance, the chicken gravy or pasta sauce has exploded over the hob. Even your soup has boiled across the hob and the food remains have quickly built up due to which it is getting difficult to clean.
You should remember that a well-cleaned kitchen hob can greatly help in transforming the look and feel of your kitchen. By following the below-mentioned tips to remove grime, your electric or gas hob will shine and sparkle like a new:
How to Start Cleaning a Hob?
You need the following items to clean the kitchen stove:
- A bucket filled with a solution of hot water and detergent in which the removable parts of the hob can be easily dunked
- A natural or multi-surface cleaner to be used so to slacken the dirt and grime on the hob
- A cleaning cotton cloth so that it won’t scratch the surface of the stove
- A brand new (unused) toothbrush to clean the crannies of the hob where cloth cannot access
- A mild scrubbing brush to remove spills and grime from the burners, rings and grate of the hob
- A soft cleaning cloth to burnish its surface after cleaning
Before starting the cleaning process, make sure that your hob is turned off, separated from the wall and completely cold. This is the safety measure that you need to take before cleaning the hob.
How to Clean an Electric Hob?
An electric hob has usually two to four raised elements that aid in heating your pans and pots. If there is an electric hob which is not maintained appropriately, food can burn into the furrows that ultimately gives strong protection to the germs, hence, making it challenging to clean. For this, you can follow these steps:
- You can either spray a solution of hot water and detergent or a special hob cleaner. Let it immerse for some time
- Thoroughly wet a large cotton cloth in hot soapy water and let it place over the hob for a couple of few more minutes. The heat released from the cloth will help in softening the grease and burnt spots
- Remove the cloth and wipe up loose grease or grime spots. You should repeat this process unless no more grime appears on the cloth
- To remove the hard grease stains, you can use an old pristine toothbrush. With this, you’ll be able to clean the grooves of the heating elements
- Make sure that its electric plates should be clean. These can be wipe down with a clean damp cotton cloth. Once wiping is complete, let it dry before next use
- When the hob is turned back on, you may feel as if it’s burning a little. But if you find that its heating elements have started smoking, then you should turn off the hob. Wait for a few minutes to let it cool and then wipe it with a damp clean cloth
How to Clean a Gas Kitchen Stove?
Unlike an electric hob, a gas kitchen hob needs powerful cleaning. But your hard work can give you a much better and cleaned hob.
When it comes to a gas stove, you need to remove metal grills and burner tops. Take a bucket and fill it with hot soapy water. Let the burner tops and grills dunk into the bucket while you can cleanse the rest of the hob.
There is no doubt that if the burner tops and iron grills are too dirty, you can soak them overnight. But this can let the items getting rusty. So, we always recommend dipping them for a few hours to avoid such problems.
- Use a damp cotton cloth to remove dirt and food residues from the hob. You need to pay special attention to every gas ring as the food usually collects there
- Apply a natural or multi-surface cleaner directly to the hob. Let it stay for a couple of minutes before starting wiping it out with a damp cloth. Clean the cloth with a detergent and then repeat the above process until the food residues are completely removed
- Once the hob is clean, you should now clean the iron grills and burner tops that have been soaked into the hot soapy water in the bucket
- You can use a sponge or a clean cotton cloth to wipe the removable parts of the hob. An old pristine toothbrush can be used to reach the hard areas of the items. Thoroughly clean the racks and hob burners. Wait for a couple of minutes to dry them before placing the parts back on the hob
- In the end, burnish the smooth surfaces of the hob with a soft cloth to add shine.
Either it’s an electric or a stainless steel hob, we always recommend spending at least ten minutes daily to clean a hob is appropriate than spending a long time after every month or so.
But if you don’t want to spend your time cleaning the hob due to busy schedules, then you can call the professionals. There are numerous online cleaning services available that can help you in cleaning, repairing or maintaining your home appliances properly.
For more details and queries, you can call us on 0340-1111-444.