These days, wireless charging for a smartphone is one of the most fascinating ideas that anyone gets while traveling for a vacation. This technology is available in almost all smartphones while most have wireless charging feature as the built-in. Either its LG, Samsung, Nokia, Apple, Vivo or whatever, each one is trying to implement this technology in its latest smartphone.
What is Wireless Charging and How Actually it Works?
In any of the top budget smartphones, you can find the wireless charging built-in option. It is the safest and reliable way of charging your mobile phone. In this technology, no cable neither connector is required which means that charging is much efficient while it enhances safety and security. In other words, it is simply a wireless transfer of power. In wireless charging, electromagnetic fields are used to transfer power from the diffusing source to the gadget. Obviously, its basic purpose is to recharge or charge the battery.
Wireless charging technology is based on the principle of Inductive Power Transfer (IPT). To accomplish a connection between the receiver coil and transmitter, IPT uses resonance. In actual, this charging process involves the following five steps:
- Mains voltage is converted into the high frequency Alternating Current (AC)
- Transmitter circuit helps in transmitting alternating current (AC) to the transmitter coil. Then, AC generates a magnetic field in the transmitter coil
- AC which generates the magnetic field is then extended to the receiver coil
- Inside the receiver coil of the appliance, the magnetic field starts generating the AC
- The current which flows in the receiver coil, the receiver circuit is converting the current into Direct Current (DC) which is used to charge the mobile battery
Keep in mind that IPT can only work best if the transmitter and recover coil resonates at the same frequency. This frequency lets the object to vibrate naturally.
How this Technology Works (According to the Customer)?
In real-time, a consumer needs two devices which are (i) android phones with wireless charging compatibility and (ii) a compatible wireless charger. What you need to do is simply plugging the charger into the wall socket and then putting your gadget above or near it, hence, the charging process will initiate. There is an indicator light on the wireless charger representing if the charging has begun or not. Usually, a Q shaped magnifying glass logo is displayed that concentrates on the letter “i”. You should remember that such type of charging pads are compatible with Bluetooth headsets, tablets, smartphones and smartwatches.
Merits and Demerits of Wireless Charging
Since it’s an innovative technology, so, there are some advantages and disadvantages to it. Below, our experts have explained the merits and demerits of wireless charging:
- Safe and Secure Connections: In wireless charging, there is less to no risk of electrical flaws. Likewise, there is no disintegration while the electronic gadgets are attached or they are somewhat away from water
- No Wear and Tear: Since you don’t need to plug or unplug the gadgets, so, there is less to no wear and tear of these devices
- Aesthetics: Generally, mobile chargers have cables that reduce visual appearance. Wireless chargers lack cables which enhances it aesthetically
- Excess Time: Charging the phone wirelessly takes a considerable time than if it is charged with a cable charger
- Pricey: Wireless chargers generally involve coils and drive electronics in the gadget as well as the chargers which ultimately boosts their manufacturing costs
- No Particular Standards: It’s obvious that different devices require different charging capacities. There is an insufficiency of inductive charging since charging capacity differs from the one required to your phone.
Eventually, we can say that there are several benefits of wireless charging for top budget smartphones. Compared to conventional cable connectors, wireless chargers are more common in use nowadays. However, various development steps need to be taken for wireless charging to enhance its charging speed along with the charging pads.
For more details and queries, you can call us on 0340-1111-444.