Many times, you may find that your best budget android phone’s storage has become inadequate, so, you need to install some apps into an SD card which you have inserted in your phone. When deciding to use an SD card, do ensure that it contains all the storage options and meet your budgetary requirements too.
When planning to buy smartphone online, you should know that all android phones do not have SD card slots, while the ones having an SD card option may not allow you to store apps on this card. For the mobile phones that provide this option, the user needs to activate this feature so as to get full support from it.
Most of the top budget smartphones have a huge amount of aboard space with which you don’t need to have an SD card. In such phones, you can easily install applications of your choice.
However, there are mid-range and cheap cell phones that support SD cards since such phones don’t have a high amount of onboard space, unlike the top phones. You should remember that even if your phone is supporting to transfer apps on an SD card, it isn’t necessary that these apps work with it. Moreover, if there are some bigger applications that you want to keep external, then, it may not be supported or either a very small amount of data can be supported on a card which shouldn’t be bothered.
So, if your phone and application which you want to move supports external storage, then, here are some of the useful tips to move an app to an SD card. Before starting this process, make sure that your SD card is inserted, has adequate space and can easily manage such app(s):
How to Move Android App into an SD Card?
- Open the “Settings” menu on your phone
- Hit “Applications” or “Apps”
- Choose the application which is already installed so you can move it to an SD card
- Hit the “Storage” button
- If the external storage is supported in your phone, then you’ll see an option naming “Change” which will be appearing under the “Storage Used” option. Hit “Change”
- From the pop-up menu, you can choose the “SD card” option
- You can move this application back into the “Internal Storage” by using the “Change” menu.
Should You Use an SD Card as an Internal Storage?
To whichever android phone you are using, it simply considers your SD card as if it is the part of the mobile’s internal storage capacity. Keeping in view the fact that not all manufacturers support this feature neither all users tend to use it. Moreover, you need to use the fast SD card which can work efficiently while the applications are being installed.
While using an SD card, make sure that it doesn’t contain any data on it. This is so because the change in its Settings will format the card, hence, removing any essential data already stored onto this card. So, before installing any application into an SD card, you should ensure that all the existing data has been moved to any other storage device or card or you can use a new card instead.
You should also remember that when you’ll select Adaptive Storage for your cell phone, you’ll format it when going to use it into any other phone. In this case, you won’t be able to merely pop it out and transfer it to any other phone like you usually do. You’ll have to first uninstall the content on the phone in which it was inserted, then deactivating the Adaptive Storage mode on it and then, reformatting the SD card.
Last of all, if by mistake, you have taken out the SD card while its Adaptive Storage was still active and games and applications were installed on the phone when you were using the card as storage, its content and applications in the card won’t work appropriately and maybe unapproachable afterward.
Here, our experts will guide you on how to use Adaptive Storage:
- Open “Settings” menu on your phone
- Choose “Additional Settings”
- Hit the “Storage” button
- Select “SD card” option
- Hit the menu button appearing in the top right corner
- Select “Storage Settings”. A graph picture will display showing how much space has been used and how much is available
- Hit “Format”
- Tap “Format SD Card” to confirm
- Hit “Move Now”. An estimation will be shown which will indicate how much space it will take and how much time will be required to move the files or data
- Tap “Next”. Wait for the phone until the operation gets completed
- Hit “Done” when it’s completed
With the above mentioned tips, you’ll be able to move the apps easily into your new best budget android phone.
For more details and queries, you can call us on 0340-1111-444.